We’re delighted to invite you to our first event of the season!
Join Upstart’s unique and diverse network of business and community leaders, educators, students, investors and the startup community.
At this Big Picture event, we’ll explore entrepreneurship and what it means for our region and those growing up here.
Keynote – Michael Hewitt-Gleeson, Founder, School of Thinking
Peter Dostis, CEO, Runway Geelong
and event MC Davina Montgomery, Editor, Geelong Business News
- Why is entrepreneurship so important for everyone in our region?
- How do we harness and build a pipeline of innovative talent?
- What is the changing role of the educator in the new economy?
- Who are the education changemakers in our community?
- What can we leverage to build a resilient and prosperous regional economy now?
- Discover practical support available for entrepreneurs of all ages.
Our keynote speaker Michael Hewitt-Gleeson is a world authority on lateral thinking and co-founder of the School of Thinking with Professor Edward de Bono, a system that has been adopted by corporate executives, taught in schools and studied by government officials the world over. His School of Thinking lessons have reached over 70 million people worldwide and he is the best selling author of numerous books on lateral thinking, selling and leadership. He has worked with clients such as Larry Page of Google, Jack Welch of General Electric, the United Nations, the White House to IBM and many many more. In his time as Member of the Advisory Board for the Learning and Leadership Centre for Melbourne Grammar School, Michael understands the school environment only too well; the challenges and the disruptive new thinking required to equip young people with vital life and employability skills.